The Policing Partnership Award recognizes a partnership established between the public and private sectors to improve the overall safety and security of Canadians. This award is presented to an individual who has developed a partnership that has succeeded in creating a crime prevention initiative that has been beneficial to the partnership and Canadians in general.
- Police officers and civilians who develop innovate solutions to address policing and public safety issues.
- The participation in a partnership with the private sector has strengthened the overall effectiveness of policing initiatives and has yielded successful results.
- The development and maintenance of this partnership involves an ongoing effort.
- The partnership has improved public security and safety.
- Nominations must be submitted to the CACP by May 31st, 2019.
- Download and complete the Nomination Form, including the signature of the chief of police or the senior executive-in-charge of the individual(s) being nominated.
- Email the completed Nomination Form to email@example.com. (Note: All nominees will receive a nomination certificate recognizing their efforts.)
- Support material such as videos, CDs and promotional material may be mailed separately to: Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police, 300 Terry Fox Drive, Suite 100, Ottawa, Ontario K2K 0E3. Please include a clear reference to the nomination submitted electronically.
- The CACP National Office will submit the nominations received to the Selection Committee.
- The Selection Committee consists of members of the CACP Private Sector Liaison Committee.
- The Selection Committee will forward the recommendation to the CACP Board of Directors for final approval.
- Upon approval of the CACP Board of Directors, the winning nominee(s)’ chief of police or senior executive-in-charge will be contacted and an invitation will be sent to the winning nominee(s) with details about the award ceremony.
- May 31st, 2019: Deadline to submit nominations.
- June 15th, 2019: Deadline for the Selection Committee to submit a recommendation to the CACP Board of Directors
- July 2019: The winning nominee(s) is/are notified.
- August 2019: The award will be announced/presented at the CACP Annual Conference.
Additional ResourcesThere are French resources/documents for this page – Click here to view.