Individuals choose to become members of a professional association for a number of reasons. We hope one or more of the following are true for you:
- Continuing Professional Development: The CACP is a leading provider of police leadership and industry knowledge/training in Canada. As a CACP member, you receive discounts on registration fees for all CACP conferences and events.
- Networking: The CACP provides you with an opportunity to interact with law enforcement colleagues and subject matter experts in person or online. As a CACP member, you are invited to take part in conferences and events. You will receive password-protected access to the members-only website where you can access restricted online resources and the comprehensive membership directory. You will also receive a subscription to RFconnect, a secure member-based online portal for the Canadian law enforcement community. It is your “go-to” place for research information, online discussions, as well as file sharing.
- Publications: The CACP prides itself on keeping members informed about the latest issues, trends, programs and products related to the most important and complex issues facing policing and police leaders today. As a CACP member, you receive a free subscription to the print and digital tri-annual Canadian Police Chief Magazine, the digital semi-annual CACP Bulletin, the digital Annual Review, the print annual Membership Guide and the weekly CACP News Alert email.
- Resources: The CACP has a number of committees dedicated to dealing with a wide range of issues important to public safety and security and to improving Canadian policing and the criminal justice system. As a CACP member, you will have complete access to reference materials (e.g. policy statements, strategies, videos, research, etc.) produced by CACP committees or in partnership with other organizations, to support planning and decision-making for your respective law enforcement agency.
- Awards & Recognition: Each year, the CACP presents and/or nominates law enforcement leaders for special awards and medals to highlight leadership and excellence in the field of law enforcement.
- Affinity Program: CACP members are entitled to a discount program made possible through corporate partnerships with select providers of airfare, car rentals, financial services, and more.