The International Policing Award recognizes the important contributions made by Canadian police services in global matters. It acknowledges Canadian law enforcement personnel for their exceptional dedication and initiative in using Canadian policing skills to contribute to a safer world and seeks to encourage more Canadian police services to contribute to and work on the international scene.
- Open to any CACP affiliated member, agency or team
Nominee(s) will have made an outstanding contribution to one or more of the following in the last calendar year:
- Fostering closer cooperation between Canadian police agencies and international partner(s);
- Working on a successful multinational investigation, demonstrating knowledge of the complexity and global effect of the investigation;
- Contributing to foreign law enforcement capacity building, possibly through innovative projects, fostering democratic principles and respecting the Rule of Law;
- Contributing to Canadian policing, public safety and criminal justice through the identification, interpretation and application of global policing experience(s);
- Contributing outside of normal duties to a project that fosters Canadian values and projects a positive image of police in society.
- Nominations may be submitted by any active member of an accredited agency belonging to the CACP.
- Nominations must be submitted to the CACP by April 15th
- Download and complete the Nomination Form, including the signature of the chief of police or the senior executive-in-charge of the individual(s) being nominated.
- The Nomination Form will include:
- references to the nature of the work done internationally and the role played by the nominee, as it relates to the award criteria.
- a description of the leadership initiative and associated partnerships that have been created or enhanced
- an outline of why the project/initiative was undertaken, key components of the work plan, identification of partners and activities, and an assessment of results
- additional information on how the initiative will unfold in the future as well as new activities that will be implemented
- The complete award application package including all supporting material must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org electronically (preferred method) or by mail to: Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police, 300 Terry Fox Drive, Suite 100, Ottawa, Ontario K2K 0E3.
- The CACP National Office will submit the nominations received to the Selection Committee.
- The Selection Committee consists of a sub-committee of the CACP International Committee.
- The winning nominee(s)’ chief of police or senior executive-in-charge will be contacted, and an invitation will be sent to the winning nominee(s) with details about the award ceremony.
- April 15 : Deadline to submit nominations.
- May 31st: Deadline for the Selection Committee to complete the evaluation process.
- June: The winning nominee(s) is/are notified.
- August: The award will be announced/presented at the CACP Annual Conference.