Promote safer and healthier communities through proactive leadership by addressing and influencing prevention, enforcement, harm reduction and treatment of substance abuse.
- Education/Prevention: Develop clear and consistent communication about the harmful effects of drugs.
- Drug-Endangered Children: Advocate for federally legislated additional penalty when endangering children in the commission of the substantive offence.
- Synthetic Drugs: Under development.
- Cannabis: Provide expert advice and guidance on the legalization of cannabis.
- Opioid Crisis: Work with stakeholders to identify new evidence-informed strategies.
Chief Constable Mike Serr & Chief Bryan Larkin