The Road Safety Lifetime Achievement Award recognizes those that have dedicated significant effort and time in the pursuit of road safety. This award recognizes members of the policing community that have made significant, outstanding contributions to road safety over a period of time through education, enforcement, training and/or community-based programs.
This award is sponsored by Accident Support Services International Ltd.
- Sworn, full-time Canadian federal, provincial and municipal police officers, including military and transportation police services, as well as sheriffs are eligible.
- The nomination must be endorsed by a senior officer.
- The nominee will have made an outstanding contribution to road safety over a number of years through education, enforcement, training and/or community-based programs.
- The nominee will clearly have dedicated a part of his or her career to initiatives aimed at improving road safety.
- Nominations must be submitted to the CACP by April 15th.
- Download and complete the Nomination Form, including the signature of the chief of police or the senior executive-in-charge of the individual(s) being nominated.
- Electronic submissions are encouraged. Email the completed Nomination Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Support material such as videos, CDs and promotional material may be mailed separately to: Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police, 300 Terry Fox Drive, Suite 100, Ottawa, Ontario K2K 0E3. Please include a clear reference to the nomination submitted electronically.
- The CACP National Office will submit the nominations received to the Selection Committee.
- The Selection Committee consists of members of the CACP Traffic Safety Committee and of the Canada Safety Council.
- The winning nominee(s)’ chief of police or senior executive-in-charge will be contacted, and an invitation will be sent to the winning nominee with details about the award ceremony.
- April 15th: Deadline to submit nominations.
- May 31st: Deadline for the Selection Committee to complete the evaluation process.
- June: The winning nominee(s) is/are notified.
- August: The award will be announced/presented at the CACP Annual Conference.