Each year, the President of the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police (CACP) recognizes a member in good standing who has consistently demonstrated exceptional involvement, extraordinary support, and outstanding initiative in advancing the CACP’s goals and strategic priorities. Chosen by the current President, with endorsement from the CACP Board of Directors, the winner of the distinguished CACP Recognition Award is considered to be a leader among leaders, an individual who exemplifies the association’s values of caring, courage, equity, integrity, openness, respect, transparency and trustworthiness.
- The nominee must be a CACP member in good standing.
- The individual has been actively engaged in the CACP as a member of the Board of Directors, a committee chairperson, a keynote speaker, a CACP spokesperson, and/or a CACP ambassador in Canada or abroad.
- The individual’s advice and direction has been invaluable in helping advance one or more CACP strategic priorities.
- Nominations must be submitted to the CACP by April 15th.
- Download and complete the Nomination Form
- Submit the completed Nomination Form and backgrounder (if applicable) to the CACP National Office by email at email@example.com or by mail to Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police, 300 Terry Fox Drive, Suite 100, Ottawa, Ontario, K2K 0E3.
- The CACP National Office will submit the nominations received to the President of the CACP.
- The CACP President will forward the recommendation to the CACP Board of Directors for final approval.
- Upon approval of the CACP Board of Directors, the winning nominee will be contacted and an invitation will be sent with details about the award ceremony.
- April 15th: Deadline to submit nominations
- May 31st: Deadline for the CACP President to submit a recommendation to the CACP Board of Directors
- June: The winning nominee is notified
- August: The award will be announced/presented at the CACP Annual Conference.