CACP Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Conference
The Path Forward: Creating Equitable, Diverse, and Inclusive Police Organizations
Goals and Objectives of the Conference
- To inform, train and collaborate on equity, diversity and inclusion best practices in the policing and other sectors;
- To build leadership and organizational capacity by identifying and eliminating barriers to inclusive police organizations;
- To identify current and emerging EDI trends that impact the health of organizations and quality of service delivery to our communities;
- To examine training and service delivery opportunities that help to maximize the health and effectiveness of police organizations;
- To examine systemic racism and implicit bias within policing.
Who should attend
- Police Executive Members (inclusive of Chiefs, Deputies, Senior Officers and Civilians)
- Police professionals (sworn and civilian) assigned to EDI specific roles
- Members of Police Internal Support Networks
- Police Human Resources, Training, Recruiting and Wellness personnel
- Informal leaders who have influence in police organizations on how people think, how they behave, what is in and what isn’t.