CACP Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Conference
IMPORTANT NOTICE - EVENT POSTPONED
Due to ongoing restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the health and wellness of all of our participants is first and foremost in the mind of the CACP. The CACP National Office has made the official decision to POSTPONE the CACP Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Conference to a later date. We are currently in negotiations with the hotel to determine what the new set of dates will be and once this is confirmed we will communicate this information with you.
Thank you for your patience and understanding and we hope to have more information for you in the near future,
CACP events Team
The Path Forward: Creating Equitable, Diverse, and Inclusive Police Organizations
Goals and Objectives of the Conference
- To inform, train and collaborate on equity, diversity and inclusion best practices in the policing and other sectors;
- To build leadership and organizational capacity by identifying and eliminating barriers to inclusive police organizations;
- To identify current and emerging EDI trends that impact the health of organizations and quality of service delivery to our communities;
- To examine training and service delivery opportunities that help to maximize the health and effectiveness of police organizations;
- To examine systemic racism and implicit bias within policing.
Who should attend
- Police Executive Members (inclusive of Chiefs, Deputies, Senior Officers and Civilians)
- Police professionals (sworn and civilian) assigned to EDI specific roles
- Members of Police Internal Support Networks
- Police Human Resources, Training, Recruiting and Wellness personnel
- Informal leaders who have influence in police organizations on how people think, how they behave, what is in and what isn’t.